Top 10 Places to Visit in French Riviera
1. Marseille - One of the top places to visit along the French Riviera is Marseille. As the largest port in France, and one of the oldest cities still standing, this area of the country offers beaches, a tropical climate, and plenty to see and do no matter what your budget may look like.
2. Cannes - Cannes is one of the most world-renowned spots in France, thanks to the Cannes Film Festival which brings in celebrities and others from around the world. Gorgeous tropical beaches compete with historical sites and fascinating architecture, making Cannes one of the top places to visit along this part of France.
3. St. Tropez - One of the hotspots along the is St. Tropez, a vacation spot known for glitz and glamour, where the rich and famous stay and play. The exquisite ocean views, turquoise waters, and mild warm climate all combine to make this area a tropical getaway ideal for anybody and any budget.
4. Nice - One of the larger cities along the French Riviera, Nice is a world renown destination for anyone on a honeymoon, or anyone who enjoys nature and gorgeous scenery. Tropical sunsets, warm white sand beaches, and plenty of restaurants, bars, and other establishments make this city very visitor friendly.
5. Juan les Pins - Juan les Pins is a smaller city along the coast of France, but it is a very popular destination for visitors. The lively nightlife in the area combine with a warm and friendly population, a tropical setting, and gorgeous scenery for an unforgettable vacation.
6. Antibes - One of the top places to visit along this Riviera is the city of Antibes. The summer is a time when this city is packed with visitors from all over Europe, and the world, so you may want to visit during the off-season. One day in this historic and gorgeous location and you will quickly understand why Antibes is one of the top ten.
7. Monaco - One of the most famous destinations along the French Riviera, Monaco is most well-known for casinos, royalty, and the Princess Grace Kelly, who started as a movie star before marrying royalty. Monaco offers a number of activities aside from gambling, both on land and in the water, and it is one of the top destinations in this area for tourists.
8. Cap Ferrat - With some of the most breathtaking views and a tranquility not found in many places, Cap Ferrat is one of the top places to visit in this part of France. Numerous gardens and a port are just a few of the attractions, and the sun and beaches are also common reasons why visitors choose this location for vacation.
9. Vence - Located in the eastern part of the Cote d'Azure, Vence has much to offer and this is why it is one of the top ten. A thriving community of artisans has made this location popular, and the lush vegetation alongside tropical beaches is a splendid contrast.
10. Beaulieu-Sur-Me - Situated a short distance from Nice, Beaulieu-Sur-Me is located along the coast of the French Riviera. The seaside town is nestled among majestic mountains and natural beauty that is amazing. The scenery alone makes this destination a top ten to visit when in France.
Kayla McBride is one of the fellow article contributors of the travel informational website Travel Advisor Tips.